SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 22 August 2020

young adult book wish-list | 2020

I blame tik tok and good reads for me being poor now, well also COVID for taking my job but anyway...

During this pandemic, reading has been something I have found a new love for again alongside a new obsession with Greys Anatomy. The majority of the time you will now either find me watching Greys or reading a book - which is currently Midnight Sun! 

During lockdown I joined a book club via GoodReads called 'page-turners' created by the lovely Leah Turner on youtube and it has helped me branch out the type of books I have been reading, however, the genre young adult will always be my go too and favourite. So with that in mind, I thought I would share some of the books and series' that I want to read next, this year or just eventually. 

BOOKS

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson - definitely my type of book! and there is now a sequel so even better!! 

The Selection series by Kiera Cass - a little different to my usual read, I saw it on tik tok and after reading the blurb thought it looked super interesting! 

A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Mass - I have heard so so many good things about this series and I think it will be the first book series I buy when I get my student loan in October. 

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass - Book tik tok talks so highly of Sarah and when I read an author I usually try to read their other books, so of course I'll have to give this one a go! 

Six of Crows series by Leigh Bardugo - Again book tik tok talks highly of this one and the following 2 books. 

The Merciful Crow series by Margaret Owen 

The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black 

After series by Anna Todd - I was an og wattpad user back in 2014 but never read this when it was a Harry Styles fanfiction - I was more on the Vamps side of wattpad instead of One Direction. However, the first film was my favourite and my friend said I NEED to read the books and another said I can borrow her kindle to read them, so I will do at some point soon! 

They Wish They Were Us by Jessica Goodman - a new young adult book by an author who hasn't published before looks very interesting and like my type of book so hopefully will be good!

The Host by Stephenie Myers - I watched the film for the first time and thought 'why I have I never read this book?'. also hoping by the time I read it maybe Stephenie will actually write the 2nd and 3rd book instead of just announcing the titles of them! 

If you want to buy any of these books I would recommend purchasing from anywhere but amazon really and if you do maybe try and get it used because it can be cheaper and in great condition. Some examples inc: Book DepositoryWHSmith, eBay or a charity shop for second hand) and Warterstones - if you are a student like me then we also get student discount here! 



Post a Comment