SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 3 November 2018

feeling more myself | life update 02

It is finally time for me to sit down and tell you all about how I have been doing the past couple of months, since my last life update back in June when I finished my A-Levels. 



LIFE UPDATES:
  • I spent the majority of the summer working at my 'part-time' job at a kids holiday club. I love my job and I had so much fun going in every day of the six week holiday and then during term time as well. It was strange when I said goodbye to them as I know I will be going back in Easter.
  • I FINALLY moved into university. Now you're probably sat there thinking 'No sh*t Megan, we already know that' but honestly it has been one of my biggest achievements and I am so proud of my self for actually coming and not changing my mind at the very last minute. 
  • I am now studying (BA) Criminology at De Montfort University in Leicester
  • I went to Leeds to visit one of my friends from school, as she is now studying at the University of Leeds. I went up Friday 22nd October after I finished lectures and ended up coming home on the Sunday evening because it was a little too much for me to get the train home alone (as this was my first train journey alone) - anxiety won basically. Apart from my anxiety making me an emotional mess I was so proud that I managed to make it to Leeds in the first place and had the loveliest time visiting my friend, visiting a new city and comparing out university accommodations!
  • I went home for a day on Wednesday 26th October and got to spend most of the day with my brother and my friends. I took a trip to Home Bargains and Tesco (exciting I know!) to stock up on diffusers from my room as the Christmas ones were in and they make my university room smell amazing - my room currently smells of 'gingerbread' and my bathroom smells of 'warm apple and cinnamon'.
  • For Halloween, my flat decided to host a party on Saturday 27th October and it was interesting to the say the least, but what do you expect for a university flat party! 
  • I have been officially been at University for 6 weeks now (5 'teaching' weeks) and honestly, I am loving every second of it. It did take me a while to adjust and get used to things but that always happens when you go to a new place or start living somewhere new. I have finally got a routine down here (I think) and I am actually feeling more motivated to do my work as well because at first I was struggling to get my head around all the new 'content' and all the assessments I have due in December.
  • My room is starting to feel a lot more like home. In the first 2 weeks, I moved things around a lot and (I think) I have finally got everything the way I want it apart from my pin board as I am in the process of ordering some more photos and quotes to fill it up a little more. 

I hope you enjoyed these little life updates about me going off to University and starting the next step of my life. I am so excited to share my university journey with you over the next 3 years, I am ready to see what the future brings.

meg x 

Post a Comment