SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 16 January 2018

2017 Favourites

2017, what a wonderful year. I want to say it was better but at times I am not too sure really. Overall it was a wonderful year and I have so many great memories but I am not going to tell you about them, instead I am going to talk about my favourite products and random things from 2017!


Make-up and Skincare:
My make up favourites of last year are actually one's I didn't purchase till November, one on the Black Friday sale and one at the beginning of the month. The first is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. I had seen so many people raving about it for months and months and I finally caved and treated myself to it, and I am so glad I did! I adore all of the colours in this palette, however I haven't managed to try them all yet, as they create such pretty make up looks if just for school or even for when I go out with friend. I love the wide range of eye looks I can create with it, and the pigmentation is wonderful! The colours blend so well together, it has to be my favourite palette I own now.

Next is actually I product I had never considered purchasing even though I had heard great things about them, it is a Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade Deceased.  I picked this up in the Black Friday sales on beauty-bay (after waiting in a 30 minute queue to get onto the site in the first place), and I am so glad I did as I was in desperate need of a new liquid lipstick. The only annoying thing about when the product arrived was that when I put it on my lips it definitely was not the colour on the website, it was a lot darker, however that doesn't bother me now as the colour is so beautiful anyway! It is now my go to lipstick for going out, followed closing by Mac's matte lipstick Whirl.

Of course my skincare favourite of 2017 is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater which I first purchased back in March when I was in London. Since then I have repurchased it one other time and I am still using that spray now, I have to say it is one of the only skincare products I am constantly using apart from my simple moisturiser.

TV Shows:
Of course there is a section for tv shows and films, which is very typical for me however I shortened this down for once!! I sat and considered what to actually write about and to make sure I don't repeat some that I mention all the time... It then lead to next week's post where I can talk about more, but I better get onto my favourites of last year.

First is a tv series I found on Netflix that I had been told was brilliant before but never got round to watching it, finally I gave in and at the perfect time I think for me. It is a show called How to Get Away with Murder, and it is all about "A group of ambitious law students and their brilliant criminal defence professor become involved in a twisted murder plot that promises to change the course of their lives." 

The other tv series is something different to what I usually watch, and it is a Netflix Original called Designated Survivor. This show is all about when "A low-level Cabinet member becomes President of the United States after a catastrophic attack that kills everyone above him in the line of succession"

Films:
There was so many amazing films that came out in 2017 but if I am honest there was only a few that stood out to me, which included Girls Trip, Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge, Thor: Ragnarok, Pitch Perfect 3, Jumaji: Welcome to the Jungle and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. If I start talking about them all now I will never stop but I knew it couldn't be a favourites until I mentioned all of these, even if it was briefly! 



Books:
Sadly in 2017 I only managed to read one book, and I didn't manage to finish it until 14th January, but however it was a wonderful book and has made me want to read a lot more this year. The book is called The List by Siobhan Vivian. It is all about a High School which each year has a list created, naming the prettiest and ugliest in each grade. The story explains each persons perspective on what happened to them when the list came out, which confused me at times because I kept forgetting everyone's names, which grade they were in and whether they had been called ugly or pretty. I finally finished it last weekend when I couldn't sleep and it was a wonderful book and I enjoyed it thoroughly, It has now lead to my goal of reading 4/5 books this year and maybe even more - we shall see. 

I am so excited to see what 2018 brings for me, and hopefully I find some new products to use and try so many new things! Thank you for reading and I hope you have a lovely 2018! x 

Post a Comment